Order of Protection

Order of Protection

Domestic Violence Awareness Month
heraldpost / Foter.com / CC BY-NC

Protecting Yourself and Your Family from Abuse

There is no excuse for abuse. This includes physical, emotional, psychological and financial abuse.  If you and/or your children, are experiencing abuse from any family member, we can help.

New York Family Courts provide relief from abuse from any family member, including intimate partners not legally married.  Obtaining an order of protection is achieved by filing a “Family Offense Petition”. Undoubtedly, taking that first step may be the most frightening thing anyone can do. However, you are not alone.

How We Can Help You

Our attorneys have the skills and knowledge you require to achieve the safety and peace you and your family deserve. Our attorneys can help you with:

  • Deciding the appropriate remedy to put an end to your difficult situation

  • Prepare and file the appropriate petition with Family Court

  • Present the facts of your case to achieve immediate protection during the pendency of your case

  • Negotiate a desirable outcome to ensure your long term protection

  • Prepare and present your case during any required hearing

At Weisberg & Zukher your case will receive personal attention from experienced and knowledgeable attorneys, who will listen and represent you with the goal of obtaining the best possible result.  Our family attorneys will work hard to present your case, negotiate desirable results and prepare evidence, witnesses, and documents for any formal hearing required.  Our family attorneys have handled thousands of family offense cases, appear in Family Court every day, and know the Judges and local attorneys  who will be involved in your case.

Because “Your Life is Our Business,” our commitment to you is to provide unmatched quality of personal attention and representation at an affordable price.  Because every case is different, we will work with you to charge a reasonable fee based on the facts and legal work required in your case.  Call us at 315-701-2939 or CONTACT US ONLINE and we will be with you every step of the way.

VISIT OUR BLOG or follow the links below to see articles related to FAMILY LAW:

Can I make my spouse pay for the divorce in NY?

How do I get a reduction or increase in child support?

What is the Divorce Process Like in New York?

What happens if a party does not pay a child support order?

Child Support Calculated

What is a Family Court Order of Protection?

Browse our website to learn more about our DWI, Criminal Law, and Personal Injury legal services or scroll down to read some Frequently Asked Questions regarding FAMILY LAW.

Legal Disclaimer:

Contact us with an email request.  Please include a phone number in your message. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship.  Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

Most legal issues are complicated and require the expertise of a lawyer to negotiate successfully.  This site and any information contained herein are intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.  We advise all readers to seek competent counsel for comprehensive and detailed advice on any legal matter.

Weisberg & Zukher, PLLC 109 South Warren St Suite 410, Syracuse, NY 13202 Free consultation (315) 701-2939

Comments are closed